Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Reincarnation

Reincarnation, literally "to be made flesh again", is a doctrine or metaphysical belief that some essential part of a living being survives death to be reborn in a new body. This cycle continues until the soul receives moksh.

Having stated this, my cousin, Krishna, and I were pondering about a particularly cheesy pick up line/scenario about having known someone in a previous life time (meeting in a pichla janam). While no guy has ever come up to me and said they knew me from a previous lifetime - if they had, as cynical as I am I probably wouldn't believe them. I'd have a laugh it off and move on. What if someone I knew from a previous life with whom my soul is connected to is out there somewhere?

Which brings on an experiment. I’ll try to connect with a random subject as their girlfriend/love interest from a previous life. Does this pick-up line work on guys? My subjects should only be flattered, I only consider guys that I think are attractive. Keep you posted.

Update 1:
Here's message sent to subject 1 - ", you probably don't remember, but we laid eyes on each other during a sunset at the Mela in a past life in an eastern Gujarati village. Our eyes met and there was an instant spark, a deep connection. We briefly spoke and you had to return to the neighboring village where you resided. You vowed to come again to the Carnival the next day, but star-crossed as we were, it didn’t happen. My then sister, Mangi, hypothesized it was due to those pesky ‘gaon vallons’ [our villages feuding and all] or the village gunda that had an unnatural interest in me. I think destiny has brought us back to acquaintance with each other. “Tera Mujhse Hai Pehle Ka Nata Koi…”? Jog any memories??
--- Jagruti from a previous life/ Sheel in this one"

No comments: