Monday, June 27, 2005

White Water Rafting!!


We went White Water Rafting today...it was a lot of fun.

We went to River & Trail in Knoxville, MD. From there we were taken to the Shenandoah River near Harpers Ferry, WV. We rafted for 6.5 - 7 miles, about 3 -4 hours. We tumbled into the Potomac River carving our way through the Blue Ridge Mountains. It was really beautiful. There was this one time where we were in 3 different states all at the same time (MD, VA, and WV).

I think I did a good job planning, except we forgot the camera and got pretty thirsty and hungry midway through the trip. There was an option to have lunch/dinner, but I chose instead to save $7, some of my friends were so upset.

It was a class I to III..so easy that I got a little bored. I guess I am quite wild and audacious; I want more thrills. I expect the next rafting trip to be a class IV - V. During the calm part of the river, I was so tired of paddling that I started to contemplate that if I lost the paddle I wouldn't have to paddle anymore. Right when I thought that, the paddle escaped from my hands. Unfortunately, our guide was able to get the paddle back in 2 minutes. I was thinking, "No thanks, throw it back."

All in all, we had a great time.

No comments: