Sunday, February 11, 2007

Eklavya - The Royal Guard


The Vidhu Vinod Chopra film releases this Friday, February 16, 2007. I am attending the Washington DC premiere.

Although I cannot find any information, the film's music has not been released. Evenso, they keep showing "Chanda Re" on the television. It's a beatiful song composed by music director, Shantanu Moitra.

Something about Chopra making the film on his own terms and the music not being released for this film, I'm guessing. When I say I can't find anything about the music anywhere, I mean anywhere.

Amitabh Bachchan (1.5 years ago) said in his interview in Koffee with Karan, that at his age, it is hard to get film centered around him. Since Indian films always have a younger lead actor and actress. So I guess, he gets his chance in Eklavya (besides Black that is). The usual Vidhu Vinod Chopra actors are within the movie, Jackie Shroff, Saif Ali Khan, Sunjay Dutt, Vidya Balan, Raima Sen, Boman Irani, and Jimmy Shergill. The only person that seems to be missing is Dia Mirza. Maybe she has a special appearance I don't know about.

I did not go to see Salaam-E-Ishq, but will venture out for this one. It looks like its going to be an entertainer. I must add VVC to the list of directors, I really really like. Already on the list: Raj Kumar Santoshi, Mahesh Bhatt, Nagesh Kukunoor, VVC

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now that's Big B at his best...telling us that he has a hard time get a movie centered around him!! Even when he is not the main lead, he is the main lead!