Monday, February 05, 2007

The Honeymoon Chronicles



2007 will see the release of two "Honeymoon" films..one is Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd. (HTPL) and the other is called Just Married.
Just Married is directed by Meghna Gulzar (Filhaal) and produced by Pritish Nandy Communications (Pyar Ke Side Effects).

They will be released a week apart from each other, if dates stay the same. Both are about a bunch of couples going on their honeymoon together. Both seem to have an older couple within a group. HTPL seems like an ensemble whereas Just Married seems to have a lead pair, Fardeen Khan and Esha Deol.

Remember when there were two movies about Bagat Singh releasing at the same time. One was with Ajay Devgan and the other was with Bobby Deol. The Ajay Devgan was a lot better and it was directed by Raj Kumar Santoshi. I guess I might be biased I think Ajay Devgan is a more powerful actor than Bobby.

My pick and why?
HTPL! I like the whole ensemble thing. I like how no one seems to be taking the limelight. Well Just Married is produced by PNC but still I'm going for HTPL. HTPL has a bunch of actors I would love to watch Dia Mirza, Sandhya Mridul, Ranvir Shorey, Amisha Patel, Kay Kay Menon. I'm no big fan of Fardeen Khan and I have a feeling he is going to ruin the movie-going experience for me.

No comments: