Thursday, January 11, 2007

House Full - Or not so full...Really Bad Hindi Films


WORST INDIAN MOVIES EVER MADE
..that I've seen. Yes, the worst that I've seen, it will not include movies such as Paisa Vasool, Trimurti, Haseena Maan Jayegi, Sandwich (includes all Govinda movies), Khushi, Boom, Love at Time Square, Neal 'N' Nikki, Gajagamini, the Dev Anand directed movies, etc. I guess I didn't fall for those movies...but nonetheless I have fallen..and pretty bad..

I believe this is one of the most popular blog topics for Indian movie watchers - The top ten worst Hindi movies you have ever seen..and this is my version. Had I the strength to see the above mentioned movies, the below list would change a little..but here it is...

10) Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna (2006): KANK as they call it. What is worst Shah Rukh Khan's over acting and arrogance or Sam, Amitabh Bachchan's male whore of a character in the film? I'd say Shah Rukh wins that one. He's usually over the top and I guess his fans love him like that. I usually can't tolerate him but even other people I was watching the movie with were losing their patience with him. The eternal looming question inside me--why do you guys like Shah Rukh? Anyways, the movie is about how two ex-spouses get two cheaters together and wishing them nothing but the best. Huh?

9) Hum Aapke Hai Kaun...! (1994): I believe HAHK started the whole acronym thing...as annoying as it is. It's one more reason to hate the movie. Don't get me wrong...as I watched this movie for the first time--like everyone else I loved it. I started hating the movie around the thirty-sixth time I watched it. The movie has a great soundtrack, but can we just kill the movie and call it a day? Then they made Hum Sath Sath Hain which is HAHK Part II. Was that really necessary?? Like do we really need non-realistic films about ideal subjects like living as a big happy family in a big house...how about living like a big happy family in a very small house and getting smaller by the day as more more family members come out of no where -- now there's a challenge!

8) Khel (2003): Ajay Jadeja - Just 'cause the whole cricketing thing didn't work out - no need to go into acting.

7) Ram Jane (1995): Lately, whenever I see Shah Rukh Khan at award shows (where else do you think I see him) and other places he seems so full of himself (King Khan)...someone should make him sit through this one!! Ram Jane is his name in the film...The orphan kid, Shah Rukh, goes to a Sadhubawa and asks, "What is my name?" The Sadhu replies, "Ram Jane (As in God only knows)" The dumb kid actually thinks that is his name and thats what he is called from that point on. This movie should be called...the movie where Vivek Mushran is a better actor than Shah Rukh.

6) Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon (2003): A really bad remake of an orignal which they completely dissected and ruined. Hritik should get an award for the Best Actor - One which Obliterates the enjoyment of a Moviegoer. One of my cousin's had a very apt theory,that acting as a Mentally Challenged person in Koi Mil Gaya made Hritik perform like a neurotic person in Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon (this movie seriously cries for an acronym).

5) Veer Zara (2003): One thing I always say about this movie is that its a Punjabi film pertending to be a Hindi film. Imagine this, the day after Diwali when the majority of Gujaratis are celebrating the new year's with Ankoot at the temple...going to the theater after the Mandir to watch a Hindi movie that turns out to be entirely in Punjabi. I feel sorry for those illiterate Guju bastards that couldn't read the subtitles fast enough...haha. Oh yeah and Shah Rukh's speech at the end sucked like I don't know what...those of you who liked it..stop pretending! The courtroom scene was lacking and so was Anupam Kher. I believe Paresh Rawal was ten times better in the courtroom scene in Aitraaz. Veer says to Zara..after she decribes her country..your country reminds me of my country...Nah Duh! It belonged to India...like yesterday!!!

4) Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Ghum (2003): I love how they just stuff the song Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham, whenever they feel like it...it complete wrecks any mood the director, Karan Johar, is trying to establish. The only redeeming thing within this movie was Kajol...who saved me from getting up and out of my seat and smacking Shah Rukh in the face. Kareena needed to be slapped as well. Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham...Na Jooda Honge Hum... (I thought I'd stick it in...)

3) Mohabbatein (2000): Any movie that is this close to my Numero Uno worst movie has got to be bad. I have to say this -the best thing about this movie -- Jugal Hansraj is too cute. Back to the point, it's so contradicting...the movie is supposed to be a family oriented film, then why does it have so many half-nacked girls.. Could the relationship between Amitabh Bachchan and his daughter, Aishwariya Rai, be any bad...that she has to kill herself because she fell in love with some guy... They just weren't able to show why AB had a big problem with Love...Why am I trying to find reason in such a nonsensical film?

2) Janasheen (2004): What's worst Fardeen Khan in Speedo bikini shorts or Celina Jaitley in a bikini while she plays the violin??? It's a toss up. All those Urdu words used to decribe Fardeen Khan by Feroz Khan's character, were they really necessary? I know Feroz Khan won't understand, but there is nothing so special in Fardeen Khan and he just doesn't get this..


1) Jaani Dushman - Ek Anokhi Prem Kahani (2002): This happens to be THE WORST movie ever made. Sheer 'Bakvaas'. Their is no other way to put it. Filled with a great amount of "star" power - Manisha Koirala, Sunny Deol, Sunil Shetty, Akshay Kumar, Sharad Kapoor, Raj Babbar, Armaan Kohli(not really star power). What were these people thinking???
It's a remake of the orignal, which supposedly was a hit. The Director till date can't figure out why the remake didn't work as the orginal had.. My guess..people aren't big on rape scenes anymore...not to mention crappy story lines with Nags and Nagins...

2 comments:

Abhinav Goyal said...

i think dis is certainly a very stupid list ever made..
how can someone list such highly critically acclaimed movies by the critics as well as the audiences..as the worst one's ever..
lyk KANK,HAHK,Veer Zaara,K3G,and Mohabbatein..
i think the blogger just have some sort of frustration against SRK.
dats why dere are some of the biggest hits of Indian cinema ever mentioned here....most of dem being SRK's.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for first aid for a heart attack and your post looks very interesting for me.