Wednesday, January 31, 2007

aishwarya vs shilpa, when it comes to being an International Brand Name

Both have somewhat of a popularity outside of India and Indians..but who would become more popular. Not that the world has to choose between the two, but who would it be?

Shilps Wins all the way!!

Why, you ask?
I think its way more important to be likeable. That's where popularity comes in.
Remember, when Aish said, "..its also common in India that we don't have to take appointments.." to have dinner with the family. Thats when she was out publicizing her film, Bride and Prejudice. In my opinion, when you are selling something you show you have similar interests as the other person, not show how you perceive yourself to be different. Shilpa on the other hand, "I don't want people here feeling they welcomed an Indian here and she created so much trouble. I want to thank the whole of Great Britain for giving me this fantastic opportunity to make my whole country proud." It's all about selling, and Shilpa sells it well. Looking back on her career, I would say she has kept it going by selling herself and image; she's done it really well.

But, Aish has more Hollywood movies!
Yeah, but who watched them. The biggest mistake made by Bride and Prejudice was when it didn't do well in Britain, they moved the release date in the U.S. The new date was the same day the Will Smith movie was coming out. Who releases a movie the same day a Will Smith movie is coming, someone not hoping their movie is going to do well..thats who. Despite doing more Hollywood films, they are on the same level I think.

Don't know about Aish, but Shilpa actually has a non-Indian publicist and agent that should do her some good. I guess I won't answer any more questions about this and just wait and see.

No comments: